Fundamentals of Team Facilitation provides a strong foundation for professionals who serve in the roles of Multidisciplinary Team (MDT) Facilitator for a Children’s Advocacy Center (CAC) (regardless of their actual job title). This training will cover an overview of the MDT Facilitator’s role in the CAC/MDT model, an introduction to team development and skills for building trust and safety on the team. This virtual training is intended to fulfill the 8 hours of core training for MDT Facilitators required in the 2023 National Children's Alliance Standards for Accredited Members.
This training is open nationally to individuals with a primary or shared responsibility for facilitating the success of the MDT - i.e., tending to the relationships, communication and accountability of the MDT. Ideal participants will have been in their role for 6 months or less.
This training will enable participants to:
- Identify the strengths and challenges of the CAC/MDT model.
- Understand the importance of the MDT Facilitator role on MDTs.
- Identify core responsibilities of the MDT Facilitator role.
- Understand the importance of safety and trust on a team.
- Apply strategies for building trust and psychological safety to their MDT.
This course includes two 5-hour sessions of live instruction via Zoom and approximately 2 hours of independent pre-work to complete 12.0 hours of total instruction. Please see upcoming training scheduled for 2022-2023 below. Applications will open one at a time.
Cohort #1 | Applications closed
Sessions will occur Wednesday and Thursday: 6:00am - 12:00pm HST | 7:00am - 1:00pm AKST | 8:00am - 2:00pm PT | 9:00am - 3:00pm MT | 10:00am - 4:00pm CT | 11:00am - 5:00pm ET
- Session 1: February 15, 2023
- Session 2: February 16, 2023
Cohort #2 | Applications open April 2023
Sessions will occur Wednesday and Thursday: 5:00 - 11:00am HST | 7:00am - 1:00pm AKDT | 8:00am - 2:00pm PT | 9:00am - 3:00pm MT | 10:00am - 4:00pm CT | 11:00am - 5:00pm ET
- Session 1: May 24, 2023
- Session 2: May 25, 2023
Cohort #3 | Applications open July 2023
Sessions will occur Wednesday and Thursday: 8:00am - 2:00pm HST | 10:00am - 4:00pm AKDT | 11:00am - 5:00pm PT | 12:00 - 6:00pm MT | 1:00 - 7:00pm CT | 2:00 - 8:00pm ET
- Session 1: August 23, 2023
- Session 2: August 24, 2023
Sign up for your regional children's advocacy center's mailing list to be notified when applications open
- Midwest: https://mrcac.tfaforms.net/f/rcac22a
- Northeast: http://eepurl.com/c4eHH5
- Southern: https://www.srcac.org/contact-us/
- Western: https://survey.alchemer.com/s3/5987901/WRCAC-General-Mailing-List-Form
Contact your regional children's advocacy center's representative in your region:
- Midwest: Sara Lee
- Northeast: Sue Ascione; Tony DeVincenzo
- Southern: Greg Flett
- Western: Joyce Prusak